Another Red Hot Challenge

Tuesday, March 1, 2011
No new birthday cards to share with you today so I will share our Red Hot Challenge with you.

At last months direct down line meeting Glenda gave us the challenge to make something using the new Petal Cone Die. I must admit that when I first saw that die in the Occasions Mini I figured that was a die that I could do without...that was until we went to Leadership Conference in Nashville, Tennessee. After seeing all the cute ideas that were made using that die all three of us said we were going to have to buy it.

For my challenge I could have used this cute hanging treat idea by Erica Cerwin


Or this hanging treat idea by Patty Bennett



Or I could have used one of these treat box ideas by Deanna


I even could have used this fabulous centerpiece idea by Jackie Topa.


I have seen such cute ideas that range from a simple ice cream cone to a womans corsett, but I REALLY wanted to make something DIFFERENT, something that I had not seen someone else make. I set aside all the ideas that I had printed out and I cut out the Petal Cone from some scrap cardstock...

I let it set on my work table, and I turned it this way and that way to check out all the angles to see what I could see coming from these pieces.

Then I punched out a variety of circles and squares and started adding those to the Petal Cone


Once I figured out what I was going to make, and changed up the colors to fit the project, I came up with this scrapbook page...


Gracie was so happy when I told her she could use this for her scrapbook album and put pictures on it from her Easter Egg Hunt.

Have a Blessed Day!

Christi
Pin It Now!

1 comments:

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Cute, Christi! Gracie definitely looks happy! I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with for the challenge. :) I didn't really care for this die either, but I'm finding out there are a lot of neat ideas for it.
Sara

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates