Overwhelmed, but very BLESSED!!

Thursday, March 3, 2011
When I checked my IN BOX yesterday morning I found MANY Happy Birthday Wishes from friends, family, and even high school class mates. One of my friends said "hope your day is DELICIOUS!" I loved that phrase because it would be a great greeting inside one of our cards when I use a food type stamp - like the card Linda sent me using the Crazy For Cupcakes Stamp Set...


About 9 am my friend and fellow Red Hot Stamper, Rachel, showed up with this special treat for me... CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BALL surrounded by yummy strawberries and accompanied by graham crackers. I would say that I was headed into a VERY DELICIOUS day!!

Want the recipe? Rachel posted it on her blog so click HERE to check it out.

Rachel also brought me 20 cards to donate to my BIRTHDAY CARDS FOR THE MILITARY drive...

My little Julia came with a special gift and card for Auntie too... YES!!! some much needed Tupperware - after 34 years of marriage it is always good to get new kitchen supplies - Thank you Julia (and Julia's Mommy!!) - I LOVE IT!!!!


Another friend, Melissa, (you've heard me talk of her before - she's the kitchen fairy!!) had told me she was giving me a DAY for my birthday gift!! What better gift than the gift of time. So I scheduled some much needed Doctor appointments to fill my day. Not necessarily what you would WANT to do on your birthday, but I enjoyed every minute of my time off no matter what I did, and my hubby also met me for lunch.

I came home and still had three hours before all the kids went home, but I was so refreshed from having time to myself it was amazing how I was ready to get right back into reading books, feeding babies, changing diapers - well, you know, it's not all peaches and cream!! But who could resist these little dollies!!!


When I was at the Eye Doctor I ran into my mail delivery gal and she told me I had a couple packages in my mailbox today so I was anxious to get home and check that out too. Sure wish I had taken my camera out there to show you how full my box was. LOVE IT!!!!

MORE CARDS FOR THE MILITARY ... these 20 cards came from Debbie, one of my blog followers. Aren't they cute!! It is a good thing I am not picking the BLOG CANDY winner by choosing my favorite card because that would be an impossible job - they are all so creative!



Another sweet gift I found in my mailbox was from Becky, my Pen Pal of 41 years. Perhaps you remember THIS POST when I showed you the beautiful bag that Becky made me for Christmas. The gift she sent me for my birthday coordinates with my bag...


She even appliqued my name on it. Don't you just love the special gift card she included!! I sure do!! I can hardly wait for another day out to spend it!! This handy case is the perfect size for me to carry my business cards in so they don't get mixed up with everything else in my purse.

Before we headed out to dinner I checked my IN BOX again and it was soooo full of more well wishes for my birthday. What wonderful and kind words - I am truly blessed. Makes me want to have another birthday tomorrow!

Have a Blessed Day!!

Christi
Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Christi's Creative Crew | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates